Skip to content

Home > Covid-19 > Covid-19 vaccinations > Fixing your vaccination record

The primary aim of the VDRS is to help keep the COVID-19 vaccination programme moving by ensuring people’s records are correct and allowing recommended doses of the vaccination to be booked and received, including booster doses.

The service has two main parts: calling people whose data appears to be incorrect, and receiving requests from people who have problems with their data.

Outbound calls

A pilot of outbound calls was launched in August, 2021 for people identified as having a second dose but where no first dose is showing on the national immunisation database (NIMS). This service continues to operate and may expand.

Inbound calls

If you are think there is a mistake in your vaccination record or that data is missing, you should call 119.

To get through to the VDRS, select option 1 (‘England’) and then option 4 (‘To report an issue with your vaccination record’). The call agents will take some details from you and make an electronic referral into the VDRS service.

The VDRS team will aim to contact you within 21 days. The number they will call you from is 01869 817119. They will make three attempts to contact you (this is not a number you can call into).

If they are unsuccessful in contacting you, then you will need to call 119 and make a new referral. Your previous call will be closed after the three attempts to contact you.

Who VDRS can help

To be able to use the VDRS you must be registered with a GP in England.

As well as helping you correct your record of vaccinations received in England, Scotland or Wales, VDRS can now help people who have been given Vaccinations given overseas.

Overseas Vaccination Record Validation Service

You can now book a face-to-face appointment to have your overseas vaccination record validated and recorded.

These appointments are held at selected vaccination sites across the country, and you can book using the NHS website or by calling 119.

The new service captures evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations which have been administered in countries outside of England and records them.

To be eligible to use the service, you must:

  • Have received a vaccine approved for use in England by the MHRA: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) / Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty) / Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) / or Moderna (Spikevax)
  • Be aged 18 or over
  • Have an NHS number
  • Have vaccination record evidence and documentation
  • Be able to attend the face-to-face appointment with photographic ID (Passport or UK Driving Licence).

The vaccination sites local to Derby and Derbyshire that are supporting this service are:

  • Midland House Vaccination Centre, Derby
  • Sheffield Longley Lane VC, Hospital Hub+
  • Forest Recreational Ground VC, Nottingham
  • Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent VC, Tunstall

Additional vaccine doses and boosters may be given to individuals who present as part of this service, if assessed as clinically appropriate using national guidelines.

You can also request further information by contacting

Who VDRS can’t help

The VDRS team is working on solutions to other issues people might experience with their vaccine records but, for now, some examples of cases in which the service cannot currently help include:

  • Cases where the person’s name or address is recorded incorrectly
  • Cases involving vaccines which have not been approved by the MHRA. For the full list of approved vaccines, check out the vaccine ingredients page.
  • People who cannot evidence when and where they received their vaccination(s)
  • Vaccine trial participants.​​​​​​

How do I make a complaint about the VDRS?

Complaints about the VDRS should be directed to the NHS England Complaints team at or by post to:

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

If you can’t access your NHS COVID Pass

If your vaccination record is correct but you still cannot access your NHS COVID Pass, please call 119 and choose the NHS COVID Pass option to access support.

Problems with accessing the NHS App

If you are having a problem specifically with the NHS App, as opposed to having a vaccination data record problem, contact the NHS App team at

Some technical stuff…

The VDRS service was set up by NHS England in partnership with NHS Digital, but is delivered by two different organisations working together.

One is South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit. A Clinical Support Unit (CSU) is an organisation which provides specilaist services to other parts of the health service.

The other service running the VDRS is South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS).

Last Updated: Monday 9th May 2022 - 1:13:pm

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Joined Up Care Derbyshire produces a bi-monthly newsletter which provides important updates on health and care developments around the city and county.

If you would like to receive this newsletter, please visit our newsletter page to sign up.