The Derbyshire Dementia Support Service is HERE to support people living with dementia and their carers during the Covid-19 crisis.
Support the service can offer:
- We can support people to seek and develop coping strategies to help them deal with additional pressures as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak.
- While we have temporarily suspended home visits and community-based groups, we continue to support people over the phone, via email and virtually.
- We help people living with dementia to cope with isolation, loneliness and to feel safe.
- We support carers to access respite, discuss dementia specific strategies to support them to understand behaviours and explore alternative approaches which help them in their caring role.
- We provide welfare calls to active service users to determine the level of support people may need and to establish the level of risk in coping with the coronavirus.
- We provide companion calls for people who are in receipt of our service, these calls are provided by volunteers; they do not involve assessments, they are purely informal friendly conversations aimed at reducing isolation.
- We deliver virtual Singing for the Brain, Dementia cafés, and carers support across Derbyshire.