Joined Up Improvement Derbyshire encompasses all things system transformation and improvement – together, we’re seeking to do things differently to improve patient care, tackle inequalities, achieve better value for money, and support broader social and economic development.
Our purpose is to inspire ambition, foster innovation and build the network, capability and confidence to achieve improvement success. Through our consultative and enabling programme management office, we offer the tools and resources to deliver successful and sustainable improvement outcomes for our population and our people.
What we do
Conditions for change
- Establish shared purpose
- Stimulate motivation and energy
- Encourage engagement and participation by all
- Develop confidence in collaboration and co-design
- Foster public engagement and involvement
Consistency in design and delivery
- Support alignment of focus on strategic outcomes
- Establish and oversee standards
- Implement robust yet agile programme management processes
- Oversee good governance through responsive and proportional approach
- Apply best practice improvement tools and techniques
- Measure and assure realisation of outcomes and benefits
Capability and capacity
- Develop improvement leadership by all
- Build capacity and knowledge
- Offer education and coaching
- Facilitate collaborative ‘team’ approach
- Mobilise resources and align expertise
Continuous learning and ambition
- Appraise and learn from failure
- Encourage spread and adoption
- Share and celebrate success
- Foster innovation and ambition
- Appraise and support sustainability
We’re bringing together colleagues from across the Derbyshire Integrated Care System, including NHS, Local Authorities and the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector who are passionate about transformation and improvement through 2 forums:
- Joined Up Improvement Derbyshire Network
- Joined Up Improvement Derbyshire Exchange
Our conversation is open to anyone in Joined Up Care Derbyshire enabling, delivering and passionate about improved outcomes for our population. If you’d like to get involved, please contact ddicb.PMOSupport@nhs.net
Joined Up Improvement Derbyshire Network
Come along to our network conversations to hear updates on system transformation and improvement developments, knowledge and intelligence. Connect with colleagues from across the system transformation space to develop relationships, support each other and access helpful tools.
You can see our previous networks on YouTube.
Joined Up Improvement Exchange
Join our exchange conversations to share improvement ideas, celebrate improvement success and discover more about the improvement work in progress across the system.
To access a comprehensive collection of proven quality, service improvement and redesign tools, theories and techniques that will support your improvement work, you can use the NHS England Quality, service improvement and redesign (QSIR) tools.
You can search the collection alphabetically for a specific tool or browse groups of tools using one of four categories:
- Tools by stage of project – tools, theories and techniques for implementing an improvement project, ordered by the stage of project you are at, for example start out, handing over and sustaining etc.
- Tools by type of task– tools, theories and techniques associated with addressing specific tasks, for example mapping the process, thinking creatively etc.
- Tools by approach – tools, theories and techniques linked to a specific approach, for example Lean, Six Sigma, analytical tools etc.
- Tools by patient pathway – tools, theories and techniques that relate to the stages of the patient pathway.
- Full list of tools
COMING SOON… We are developing plans to launch the Quality Service Improvement and Redesign (QSIR) Practitioner Programme for people across Joined Up Care Derbyshire in 2023. Learn more about the QSIR qualification at NHS England.
The NHS England QI Learning Platform offers a range of online improvement courses, available to anyone working in health or social care. Courses are available that support development of improvement capability at all levels including an Improvement Fundamentals programme of mini courses and a Getting Started with Large Scale Change programme:
The NHS Elect platform offers a growing library of online courses, including an Introduction to Quality Improvement comprising six modules that can be completed over four hours.
To get in touch with the Joined Up Improvement Derbyshire Team please email us at ddicb.pmoSupport@nhs.net
To find out more about or get in touch with the teams that support improvement within our provider organisations: