The Derby and Derbyshire ICB Patient Safety Team
The Derby and Derbyshire ICB Patient Safety Team works with a variety of NHS providers and independent contractors which include acute, community, mental health, out of hours, ambulance, primary care hospices and any other contractors which the ICB commission to gain assurance and learning from incidents. The team takes a collaborative and supportive approach to how they work with providers in order to gain openness and transparency. This improves reporting and greater learning
If you have any questions regarding patient safety incidents, please do not hesitate to contact the ICB Patient Safety Team:
Patient Safety Incident Reporting
NHS England manage the national learn from patient safety events (LFPSE) service, a centralised system to record information and offer data and analysis about patient safety events to support safety improvement across all care settings.
All healthcare staff in England, including those working in primary care, are encouraged to use the system to record any events where:
- a patient was harmed, or could have been harmed
- there has been a poor outcome, but it is not yet clear whether an incident contributed or not
- risks to patient safety in the future have been identified
- good care has been delivered that could be learned from to improve patient safety.
How to register
- You can register for an LFPSE online account here: https://record.learn-from-patient-safety-events.nhs.uk/
- Each individual needs to have their own account, and you can learn more about which account type is right for you here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/patient-safety/learn-from-patient-safety-events-service/lfpse-account-types/
- We recommend that each organisation has at least one Admin user registered, so that they can approve other local users.
We are happy to support your practice through the registration and reporting process, please email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org