Trusted Trader Scheme
The scheme aims to:
- help local people find traders and businesses who agree to do a good job at a fair price and commit to providing good customer service
- protect older and more vulnerable adults by making it easier for them to avoid rogue traders who typically cold-call and use high pressure sale techniques
- support good local business.
All the familiar trades are covered; so there are plenty of local plumbers, builders, decorators, electricians and gardeners to choose from.
In addition, there are host of other services on offer – including financial advisors, solicitors, cleaners, car dealers, will writers and suppliers of mobility aids.
On top of that, the website shows feedback comments from previous customers so you can make sure you’re choosing the right trader for your needs.
Consumer law requires that any trader should sell goods which are of satisfactory quality and are correctly described.
They should also carry out work with reasonable care and skill.
Trusted Trader builds on these legal requirements and is mainly concerned with the quality of customer service delivered by members.
In the unlikely event that you use a Trusted Trader and things go wrong, the county council’s trading standards team will get involved and try help you resolve the problem.
However, the Trusted Trader register must not be taken in any way as a warranty by us of the status of any individual trader.
To find Trusted Trader:
- visit www.derbyshire.gov.uk/tt
- Call Derbyshire on 01629 533190*,
- text 86555
- email email@example.com
*Call Derbyshire is open 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 9.30am to 4pm on Saturday.
Derbyshire Handy Van Network
Derbyshire Handy Van Network provides practical support to help older and vulnerable people live independently in their own homes.
You can access the service if you are aged 60 and over or are referred by Derbyshire County Council Adult Care, your local district/borough council, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service, Derbyshire Police or a health professional.
You can phone and ask for a free visit to your home for the following:
- Practical tasks – for example, changing light bulbs, securing carpets and rugs, small DIY tasks and removing and hanging curtains
- Home fire safety checks
- Energy efficiency advice
- Smoke alarms provided & installed
- Fitting key safes (please note you will be charged for the key safe but fitting is free).
Each eligible household can access this service twice a year. The service is available Monday to Friday, from 9am until 5pm. This service does not offer an emergency service for plumbing or electrical problems.
For more information or to arrange for a visit, please call the Handy Van single point of access on: Tel: 0203 535 4999