World Suicide Prevention Day
Joined Up Care Derbyshire is supporting this year’s World Suicide Prevention Day with a series of roadshows and events taking place across Derby and Derbyshire.
There will be pop-up information stands at the locations listed below. Come along, find out what support is available locally and speak to colleagues working in suicide prevention:
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital, Wednesday 6th September between 10am-3pm
- Buxton Hospital, Monday 11th September between 9am-12pm
- Walton Hospital, Monday 11th September between 1-3pm
- Ilkeston Hospital, Tuesday 12th September between 9.30am – 12pm [UTC reception]
- Royal Derby Hospital, Tuesday 12th September between 1-3pm [Level 5 – next to the canteen]
Joined Up Care Derbyshire colleagues can also access Suicide Awareness sessions. Lasting approximately 1 hour, the sessions cover risk factors for suicide, spotting the signs of suicidal ideation and how you can help. If you wish to book a bespoke suicide awareness session for your team, please email Katherine Rowe: email@example.com.
World Suicide Prevention Day is hosted on 10th September each year by the International Association for Suicide Prevention and this year’s theme is ‘Creating Hope Through Action.’
A great action that anyone can do is to take 20 minutes to complete the Zero Suicide Alliance training. Anyone can learn to have a lifesaving conversation and this short training aims to give you the skills and confidence to help someone who may be considering suicide.
Sadly thousands of people in the UK take their own lives each year. By raising awareness, reducing the stigma, and encouraging action, we can work together and help reduce the instances of suicide locally.