Weight Management Support in Derbyshire
Derbyshire – Live Better Derbyshire
- 12-week group for 1 hour per week (face-to-face or virtual)
- Plus, weekly email based on the topic of the week
- Access to private Facebook Group
- Support for 12-months … after the 12-weeks are finished monthly email.
Who can join?
- Adults, aged 18 or over
- Live in Derbyshire (not Derby City)
- BMI of 25+ or 23+ if you are of black or Asian ethnicity.
Visit Live Life Better Derbyshire, losing weight, to find out more and access some handy free resources.
Derby City – Live Well Derby
- 6-week Course (face-to-face or virtual)
- Support for 12-months
- Access to private Facebook Group.
Who can join?
- Adults, aged 18 and over
- Registered to a Derby City GP practice
- Have a BMI of 30+ or 27.5 for people of South Asian origin.
Download their Eatwell Booklet (PDF)
Better Health (NHS)
- Better Health (NHS) page on Losing weight
- This includes details of the free weight loss app and, if you scroll down, some information on healthy eating, recipes, and getting active.
British Heart Foundation
You can also find lots of helpful information via the British Heart Foundation site:
We especially recommend their free booklet:
- Eat better booklet | BHF
- They also have a variety of leaflets headed “Taking Control of…” that you might find helpful (some are linked on the ‘Eat Better’ page).
Please do, however, remember that when it comes to moving more you will need to pace yourself.
Also please check out the page on the Your Covid Recovery site about becoming more active: