We are looking to recruit two Patient and Public Partners to attend a monthly Operational Delivery Group and to be part of a collaborative approach to developing and reviewing the Derbyshire Post (Long) Covid Management Service.
The work of the Operational Delivery Group is to improve the patient’s journey and experience throughout the service including, working collectively to improve end-to-end health care pathways, ensuring equity of access and service delivery across Derbyshire, and improving patient outcomes.
- Your Covid recovery | Information for patients, family and friends
- Covid-19 patient rehabilitation booklet – Leeds Teaching Hospitals | Information for patients
- Covid-19: Supporting your recovery – Lancashire Teaching hospitals | Online patient course
- Aftercare needs of inpatients recovering from Covid-19 | Guidance booklet
- BMJ Coronavirus hub
- Management of post-acute Covid in primary care
- International guidelines I Index from BMJ
- NHS Library
- Social prescribing
Post Intensive Care Syndrome
- Psychology tools | Living with worry and anxiety amidst global uncertainty
- Resources to support staff health and well-being Derby and Derbyshire
- Mindfulness | Exercises and tips
- IAPT| Referrals for mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety, low mood, PTSD and psychological distress in relation to long term conditions can be referred through to IAPT
- DCC website | Resources for support public / patient self-care and mental health.
- Carers Support
- Derbyshire County Council | Care for the isolated or vulnerable
- Citizens Advice Bureau | Impaired activities of daily living
NICE guidelines on Obesity Management
General function and wellbeing
How to manage post viral fatigue following Covid-19
Adult malnutrition, use the resources finder to help find the right information
British Dietetic Association general information
Tune in to 10 today (10 minute workouts).
Chartered Society of Physiotherapy guidance on being active with a long term condition.
Royal Osteoporosis Society | Videos for people with osteopenia, osteoporosis, or previous spinal fractures
Impact + | Pulmonary rehabilitation
Lungline | Pulmonary rehabilitation
British Thoracic Society (BTS) | Home rehabilitation
ARTP | Spirometry not available until patients can be seen face to face#
Health and care staff
A new service is available to support health and social care staff experiencing symptoms of long COVID. Set up by University Hospitals of Derby and Burton (UHDB) Occupational Health Physician Dr Fauzia Begum in September, it aims to help support and guide NHS and social care colleagues across Derbyshire with managing symptoms of Long COVID.
The service is aimed at NHS and social care colleagues with physical or mental difficulties due to ongoing symptoms of COVID. Long COVID can cover a large range of symptoms that persist for more than four weeks after you contracted COVID-19. You do not need to have had a positive COVID-19 test to be experiencing symptoms of Long COVID, which may include:
• Shortness of breath
• Persistent coughing
• Muscle or joint pain
• Weakness or reduced mobility
• Poor sleep
• Weight loss or poor nutrition
• Cognitive issues or poor concentration.
Please register your interest in the service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A form for referral of NHS, Health and Social Care staff for support with Long COVID has been published by Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
A member of the team will make a wellbeing telephone call appointment to find out more information about your condition and explain the options available, which could include:
• Getting self-help advice and guidance on supporting your mental health
• Enrolment on a four-week psycho-educational programme, ‘Coping with COVID’
• Enrolment on four-week virtual physical rehabilitation classes of various levels, depending on severity screening assessment and ongoing monitoring. This would be following a two-week self-directed ‘lung stretching’ phase that links exercise recovery to lung, chest, and mental recovery, without exacerbating fatigue
• Referral to acute services or step three level mental health support
• Access to facilitated virtual Long COVID peer support group facilitated by Dr Fauzia Begum – this runs every Tuesday morning on MS Teams, where you can talk about symptoms and how they are affecting you and any ongoing issues; each week’s meeting has a different theme about common COVIDrelated symptoms
• Information about various lifestyle and support services across Derbyshire.