Please note that this list provides an overview of the roles and duties within a PPG.
If you have any additional roles with your PPG that may be helpful to include on this list to share with others, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. PPG Chair and Vice Chair
• The overall aim of a PPG Chair is to lead the PPG and enable it to fulfil its purpose and to ensure there is an effective relationship between the PPG, the Practice and the patients
• Establish and maintain the Terms of Reference (along with the PPG and Practice)
• Maintain a good working relationship between the PPG and the Practice
• Liaise with the Practice and the PPG to develop an agenda for the meeting
• Facilitate the meetings and conduct them in a way that enables everyone to meaningfully contribute to the discussions whilst sticking within the time on the agenda
• Empower PPG members to participate in meeting discussions, ensuring their opinion is heard
• Encourage the PPG to develop ideas and initiatives that will benefit the Practice population
• Summarise key points of discussions
• Moving to a vote (if necessary) in accordance with the Terms of Reference
• Ensure there is a process in place to record minutes and follow up on any actions
• Represent the PPG at other relevant meetings.
2. PPG Member
• Represents the patients of the Practice within PPG meetings
• Contribute views to Practice matters in a constructive manner (including on proposed changes to services)
• To read the meeting agenda and prepare any relevant research to enable active participation
• Provide advice to the Practice on how to communicate and engage with the practice population
• To positively represent the PPG during PPG activities and at events
• To help promote awareness of the PPG.
3. PPG Secretary
• Helps to plan the meetings and agendas
• Provides administrative support
• Ensures that meetings/agendas are drawn up and sent out in advance
• Takes notes during the meetings and distributes minutes following the meeting.
4. Treasurer (where a PPG’s activity involves fundraising)
• Recording all transactions
• Giving receipts for all monies received
• Presenting regular financial reports
• Agreeing budgets
• Arranging for an annual independent audit
Additional roles within a PPG:
One PPG is very keen to recruit members who have certain interests/expertise to take on specific roles within their PPG i.e.
• Mental Health:
• Youth Links.