As government restrictions ease around businesses re-opening and individual’s ability to head out for exercise and leisure it is vital that people are directing concerns to the correct agency.

Complaints about COVID related social distancing or health and safety controls at retail and non-retail premises should be directed to the Health and Safety Executive at

Complaints about COVID business closures, illegal opening or prices/profiteering –should contact Trading Standards via Consumer Advice Citizens Services (CACS).

Officers across the country are on only able to enforce what is there in legislation –mainly if there are groups of more than two people who are not from the same household, or if there are people not from the same household in a property or garden.

The force will continue to engage, explain and encourage members of the public about how they can best stay alert, protect the NHS and save lives but it is important that emergency and non-emergency lines are used in the proper way and for matters that require, or are a matter for, a police response.