- To support frontline staff to get the most from the time spent with patients, clients, service users and their families and carers.
- To provide a safe and fun opportunity to practice and develop effective communication strategies.
- To provide ongoing support and embed learning after the training.
- To make quality communication a normal part of everyday practice across Derbyshire?
How to book a place
Find out more about the Care Programme and Spotlight sessions and how to book a place.
What’s the training like?
The 3 hour interactive training is delivered by experienced coaches. You need access to a computer with a camera and microphone.
There will be time and space to practice your skills in virtual break out rooms. You will gain expert tips and advice tailored to your needs and time and space to practice your skills in small friendly groups. Participants also receive a supportive resource manual with more in-depth information to support learning beyond the sessions.
What’s on offer?
Core Quality Conversations training:
This training covers:
- the impact of health inequalities,
- understanding bias,
- listening and communications skills development.
You will learn techniques and skills that are a foundation to build on with our new and exciting ‘Spotlight’ sessions.
These sessions focus on specific areas to allow you to tailor your training to meet your individual needs. These sessions include:
- Understand what self-management is.
- Try out ways to introduce self-management
- Understand how to support people to manage their own care
Quality Conversations for Leaders:
- How to support your team using Quality Conversations techniques and tools.
- How to inspire and influence.
Quality Conversations to support Mental Health:
- How to approach conversations about enquiring on people’s mental health and how to support them further.
Behaviour change techniques and Coaching Skills:
- Techniques to support behaviour change, goal setting and enhanced coaching skills.
What’s the training like?
The interactive online training is delivered over two half-days (one month apart). You need access to a computer with a webcam and microphone. Groups are small with just 12 people per session.
- Session One: focuses on the social determinants of health, listening skills, communications skills and health coaching approaches
- Session Two: reviews and develops these skills further, with a focus on listening blocks, assumptions and bias, with more practical exercises, expert tips and advice tailored to your needs.
There’ll be time and space to practice your new skills in virtual break out rooms. Participants also receive a supportive resource manual with more in-depth information to support learning beyond the sessions.