The Engagement Committee reports to both the NHS Derby and Derbyshire CCG (DDCCG) Governing Body and Joined Up Care Derbyshire Board. The Committee has representatives from across the health and social care system, from Healthwatch Derby and Derbyshire, the voluntary sector, foundation trust governors, and members of the public. Its objectives are to:
- Ensure any service changes and plans are developed and delivered through effective engagement with those affected by change and that patients, carers and the public are at the centre of shaping the future of health and care in Derbyshire
- Provide a lay forum within which discussions can take place to assess levels of assurance and risk in relation to public and patient involvement and consultation
- Retain a focus on the need for engagement in strategic priorities and programmes, to ensure the local health system is developing robust processes in the discharging of duties relating to involvement and consultation
- Promote innovation and improvement in public and patient engagement
- Provide update reports on assurance and risk to the Joined Up Care Derbyshire Board and the DDCCG Governing Body on the delivery of duties and activities relating to patient and public engagement and involvement
- Champion patient and public involvement in all processes relating to clinical commissioning group and Joined Up Care Derbyshire decisions
- Oversee the development and delivery of a robust infrastructure of engagement mechanisms.
There are no vacancies currently on the Engagement Committee.